Access 2007 Breakpoints (1 Viewer)

carlboone

Local time
Today, 08:45
I'm wondering if I don't have Access 2007 configured properly. I can't seem to intercept any events. Nothing happens when I set a breakpoint on an event such as On Enter.

In trying to figure out what's going on, I created a simple text box on my switchboard form called txbTest. I added code to the On Load event which is a very simple statement: me!txbTest="Test". Even this simple code doesn't seem to be working - the txbTest is remains empty after the form is loaded. I just tried exactly the same thing in Access 2000 and it works as expected.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:45
Go to the Office Button > ACCESS OPTIONS and then make sure, under Current Database, that you don't have the USE ACCESS SPECIAL KEYS unchecked. Normally you would keep it unchecked to keep F11 from being used but it also keeps breakpoints from being used, so if you want to use breakpoints you have to check that box.

carlboone

Local time
Enable Special Access Keys is checked. So that's doesn't seem to be the problem.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:45
Remember to check the related Event column on the property sheet to ensure that "[Event Procedure]" is selected.

carlboone

Local time
[Event Procedure] is selected..

I added the Trusted Location and both the simple code on my switchboard and the breakpoints are now working. Now I can start debugging my application.

Thanks for the assistance.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:45
[Event Procedure] is selected..

I added the Trusted Location and both the simple code on my switchboard and the breakpoints are now working. Now I can start debugging my application.

Thanks for the assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom