Access 2007 - MS Forms 2.0 Scrollbar control - bug? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Burns67

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:40
I have developed a form in Access 2003 which uses the MS Forms 2.0 scrollbar control to enter data into a number of fields.

When I run my database under Access 2003 it works perfectly, but when i run it under access 2007, the Update property is not firing at all.

Anyone know if this is a bug, and if so, whether there is a fix available for it?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:40

Mike_Burns67

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, it's definately nothing to do with security.

The more I play with it, the more I think it might be a bug, it works perfectly in Access 2003 but fails to fire at all in 2007. I've even tried replacing my code with a simple message box to see if there was any part of the code it didn't like, but the box didn't fire either... :confused:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yes, it's definately nothing to do with security.

The more I play with it, the more I think it might be a bug, it works perfectly in Access 2003 but fails to fire at all in 2007. I've even tried replacing my code with a simple message box to see if there was any part of the code it didn't like, but the box didn't fire either... :confused:

Does any of your code work? Because in 2007, if you don't enable it, or put the Db in a trusted location, code and certain macros will not fire - at all.

Mike_Burns67

Registered User.
Local time
All of the code elsewhere on that form runs perfectly, all of the properties on other controls all seem to fire perfectly, its just the "update" property of a scrollbar that doesnt seem to work.

Just checked again, the gotfocus and lostfocus properties for the scrollbar both work also, just not the update.

Very strange...:(

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Why don't you use the On Change event instead?

Mike_Burns67

Registered User.
Local time
I've tried that.

It doesnt actually have an on change event. Not that it stopped me trying it, as access 2003 sometimes didn't show all the events associated to a control, so I assumed access 2007 was the same... how wrong was I? it crashed Access completely - CPU hit 90% and it thrashed the HD something chronic to the point that I had to end the task.

Basically, (at least where scrollbar controls are concerned) it doesnt like you adding events that are not listed.. :mad:

The only event that seems to be available is the update.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I've tried that.

It doesnt actually have an on change event. Not that it stopped me trying it, as access 2003 sometimes didn't show all the events associated to a control, so I assumed access 2007 was the same... how wrong was I? it crashed Access completely - CPU hit 90% and it thrashed the HD something chronic to the point that I had to end the task.

Basically, (at least where scrollbar controls are concerned) it doesnt like you adding events that are not listed.. :mad:

The only event that seems to be available is the update.

Actually, you do have an On Change event (it just isn't listed in the form properties). If you go into the VBA window and select from the drop down menu for first the control (on the left) and then the event on the right dropdown you will see a whole bunch more events that are open to you than the ones in the form properties.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
In fact, here's a screenshot:

Mike_Burns67

Registered User.
Local time
Lol it certainly has, and its worked the second time around! I must have mis-typed something the first time - no CPU hang, no problems!

Case closed - though why the bl**dy thing didnt work with the update is still beyond me.

Thank you Bob!

Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom