Access 2010 views (1 Viewer)

majhl

Registered User.
Local time
, 20:15
Hello All,

Have a slight issue when I'm looking at forms (or other objects for that matter). They all appear as a 'tab' in a central pane, so that the navigation pane is on the left, the form/table/report etc in the middle, and the properties pane on the right.

I'd like switch to a view where whatever object I'm looking at is not 'tabbed' but is free-floating so to speak so that's it's similar to Access 2003. Is this possible?

TIA.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
, 23:15
Click on the Office button and go to Access properties, then Current DB. There is an option there to select tabbed or windows. Choose windows.

majhl

Registered User.
Local time
Click on the Office button and go to Access properties, then Current DB. There is an option there to select tabbed or windows. Choose windows.

Thanks. Exactly what I wanted.

majhl

Registered User.
Local time
I wonder, is it also possible to have the properties pane so that it too is free-floating?

AccessJunkie

Senior Managing Editor
Local time
Hi,

I wonder, is it also possible to have the properties pane so that it too is free-floating?

Sure, just hover your mouse over the top section of the Property Pane until your cursor becomes a four sided arrow, click, and then drag the Pane away from the right side of the screen. Once you release the mouse, the Property Pane is a free floating window you can move around and resize to your liking.

If you ever want to snap it back into place, just double click on the top of the Property Pane.

--------------------
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation

Author - Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Access 2007/2010 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom