Access AD DB required (1 Viewer)

swarv

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:19
Hi all,

I am after some help. I have an access DB but on the start of it I want the users to pick their name from a drop down and then type in their password. when they click on ok it then clicks the details from an AD source and then if ok lets them in.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Martin
:confused:

swarv

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:19
Hi,
I did see that. not kind of what im after. the db will already be on and I want users to click on their name, type their AD password and then if correct go do something else.
thanks

Ammarhm

Beginner User
Local time
Today, 08:19
It is possible and not that difficult
You could either do it as a web based login form, use ASP or ASP.NET to connect to the MS Access db
Otherwise you can do the whole thing in MS Access, what you need is a form with drop down menu, linked to a table where you store all users names, and passwords, and a function linked to the "log in" key that checks if the entered password matches the one stored in the users table, and if it is correct the form redirects to another form or switchboard. Remember that you will need an additional VBA code to hide MS Access menues, tables, forms and lock your VBA code with password through the Tools-->DB Properties in the visual basic editor screen, and to set the start up form to your login form through Access options -->Display form. What this will do is that it will restrict the users access to the tables and the VBA code. That is one way to do it, and I am sure there are even other ways that I dont know of
Hope this would be of some help

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom