Solved Access app with sql server databse (1 Viewer)

amir0914

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:15
hello everyone, I'm have been working with access for 5 years and I have written many programs with vba & sql commands in access, and now I need to create database by sql server in my new program and I have to connect access form with sql server database, but I have never worked with sql server programs, and I also don't know which version of sql server I should to install, and I don't know how to use and connect it to my access forms, I'm also very interested in learning sql server. can someone give me some information,tutorial, or sample file about that?

Thanks in advanced.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:15
Hi. Getting a sample file may be difficult because you'll need to have a SQL Server to connect it to. If you're just starting out or your project is not too big, you might be able to use SQL Server Express for now. Good thing about it is it's free.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:15
First obtain a free copy of SQL Server Express. There are several versions. Recommend you get the SS Management Studio.
You can also download a sample sql server database called Adventure Works. Its the SS equivalent of Northwind in that its designed to show you many things that SS databases can do.

To connect Access to SS, you need to setup a file DSN (using the ODBC wizard) or DSN less connection then link the tables as you would link any Access database tables

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom