Access Bug? Query View Stuck (2 Viewers)

Local time
Today, 19:04
Does anyone know how to fix what seems to me to be a bug in the query view? Using Access Office 365.
The tables and links are partially hidden and can't be adjusted. Scroll bar is all the way up yet I don't see the top of the view box to be able to adjust the tables in the view.

Stuck_001.png

Local time
Try closing form main and any other objects
Thanks for the reply. I have closed all objects and forms as well as closed access itself. I have attempted to move, add other tables, resize those that I can see, re-save, no change.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
If switching from tabs to overlapping windows doesn't work (I don't think it will as the object position is usually relative to the window borders) try a different screen resolution. I suspect you last saved this db on some other monitor with different settings; perhaps even a dual monitor setup.

Local time
If switching from tabs to overlapping windows doesn't work (I don't think it will as the object position is usually relative to the window borders) try a different screen resolution. I suspect you last saved this db on some other monitor with different settings; perhaps even a dual monitor setup.
Thank you for your note. I will keep this information as well to see if changing resolutions would work. Just to let you know though, I have not saved this DB while on another monitor for at least 2 months now. Thanks again

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:04
Another thought was to remove the offending table only, then recheck it into the QBE. Maybe that would have re-positioned it within the window.

Glad you sort it out, good luck with your project.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I have not saved this DB while on another monitor for at least 2 months now.
That's not really relevant (if taken literally) because you don't save the db per se. You save objects as you alter them, so if it was 2 months ago that you saved that query, that could be when you fudged it.

ADIGA88

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:04
I want to report same problem here also i have dual monitor plus i am working on my laptopI at home on the same database.
I tried all above with no luck.

1586670120667.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:04
Try dragging the horizontal bar downwards. That's the bar between the two sections of the query

Capture.PNG

onur_can

Local time
you can get the blanks of the tables you query.

ADIGA88

Local time
I did it, but with no luck.
Video in the link below

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Ok assuming you have already tried changing to sql view and back etc, right click over each of the tables in the query window and click Size to fit.

If that still doesn't help, go to SQL view and copy the query SQL to a new query. Good luck

onur_can

Local time
So, I mean, when I examine the image you added, in some of the tables you have taken to the query design window, they occupy 10 lines, although there are 2-3 lines. If you resize other tables like this to fit the rows, the space is free and you can probably see it on a screen.
how many tables are in your query design window?

ADIGA88

Local time
Ok assuming you have already tried changing to sql view and back etc, right click over each of the tables in the query window and click Size to fit.

If that still doesn't help, go to SQL view and copy the query SQL to a new query. Good luck
the "size to fit" doesn't work , but coping the SQL to new Query design work like a charm 👍 big thanks.

cramping the tables to escape the need of scorl bar didn't work
1586675173682.png

Copy the SQL to new Query work fine ✔
1586675031752.png

So, I mean, when I examine the image you added, in some of the tables you have taken to the query design window, they occupy 10 lines, although there are 2-3 lines. If you resize other tables like this to fit the rows, the space is free and you can probably see it on a screen.
how many tables are in your query design window?

I did as you say and @isladogs suggest to resize the tables and i cramped them in the upper of the view and closed the database and repoen but the problem still exist, but the workaround is good regarding coping SQL to new qury.

tho i reported the probem to MS hope they have a solutioin soon.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Glad its now working for you.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a fix however. The issue can occur in earlier versions as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom