Access Bug? Query View Stuck (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:03
I wonder if any of this is related to an issue posted here with answers. Perhaps coincidental, or maybe related to an update. See links in post 9.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:03
You might also be able to resolve the issue by just switching to SQL view and making a minor change and then closing and repopening.

I used to run into this in the Database Diagram window occasionally. The fix there was to tab to the table to select it and then delete it. When you added it back, it was visible and reconnected. Of course deleting from a query messes up the query so the same solution wouldn't work there.

Looks like the Access team liked the old bug so much they decided to expand its scope ;)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:03
I've just done some experimenting with the new yellow border that appears around selected tables in the query designer.
You can 'lasso' several tables to select them and move them as a group.
This provides another way of (both causing and) fixing the issue raised by the OP.
For example, two tables have been moved above the top of the query window and are now 'stuck'
I've selected all 3 tables below

Capture.PNG

Now select the header row of a table that is visible (tblEthnicityCodes) & drag the table downwards slightly. All three tables move together

Capture2.PNG

Problem solved!
NOTE: Click outside the tables to ungroup them again

ADIGA88

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:03
I've just done some experimenting with the new yellow border that appears around selected tables in the query designer.
You can 'lasso' several tables to select them and move them as a group.
This provides another way of (both causing and) fixing the issue raised by the OP.
For example, two tables have been moved above the top of the query window and are now 'stuck'
I've selected all 3 tables below

View attachment 80842

Now select the header row of a table that is visible (tblEthnicityCodes) & drag the table downwards slightly. All three tables move together

View attachment 80843

Problem solved!
NOTE: Click outside the tables to ungroup them again

This is Great, Thanks.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:03
Hi AB
Not that I'm aware of.
Perhaps a new subforum would be worth adding for Access tips & tricks in the reference section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom