Access database export problem (1 Viewer)

ahanmagey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:47
i have exported a table to an excel sheet and it was refreshing/updating correctly until i put it( excel sheet) in a shared folder and accessed it in another computer in my network. Actually i have set the sheet to refresh in every 10 mins but it is not doing that and even i open the sheet and do a manual refresh it says cannot find the "access file name". I have checked the details of the link but found no problem ( yah. except it says cannot find that access file). Actually there should'nt be a problem even, as the only chage i made was putting the excel file in a shared folder and accessed it from another computer.I think this is either because of the TYPE of link i created or because the database in NOT a MUTI USER one. Can anyone let me know what went wrong here. Any help would be highly appreciated.

ahanmagey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:47
OK to make it even shorter HOW TO ENABLE A LINK THAT CAN REFRESH IN EVERY 10 MINS??????????????????????????

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:47
"every 10 minutes" is a timer function, which only applies when a form is open and its .TIMER property is set accordingly.

If a table is linked externally, it will be updated by any of the following actions:

Opening the table or a form, report, or query that uses the table.

Within a form, doing a REQUERY (perhaps based on a timer).

Within a module, closing and re-opening a RECORDSET.

I believe in the Access Tools, you can set up some options for auto-refresh. The keywords you need for your search of the Help topics are "Refresh" and "Requery" as related to forms.

If you don't set it up correctly with a timer-based operation and can't find the auto-requery setting, then when you open that linked table, it only updates once - when you first open it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom