Access form gives #error after changing it in design view. (1 Viewer)

Hakob

Local time
Today, 09:21
Hello,
I am using Access 2010. In my procurement database form when I am doing some changes in design view, some field give error some buttons and combo boxes does not work and gives the following "This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for the event. For example, if the OnOpen property of a form is set to =[Field], this error occurs because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event is fired."

please help

CBrighton

Surfing while working...
Local time
Today, 06:21
What changes were you making?

It looks like a generic error message stating that you have entered an invalid input in a property (the example being a bogus event property), but without knowing what you have been inputting into what property it's hard to know exactly what went wrong.

:edit:

In fact, it looks less generic and more specific to event properties. I asume you have an invalid event (possibly a misspelt macro name?).

Hakob

Local time
Today, 09:21
Thanks for feedback.
I have three combo boxes in the form they pull out information from queries filtering each other. (Purpose-subpurpose-imputation). I have put a code (afterupdate) comboSubpurpose.requery, comboImputation.requery. But after making some design changes it was gone. I retyped those again and error occured. the same happans when I am puting a new tab in form or copy pasting smth in form. I have deleted the errored form and made a new one, but the same happens with the new form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom