Access in the day job (1 Viewer)

Mee

Local time
Today, 18:48
Hello Everyone. I'm a Cell Biologist by day. Several years ago I was given a data analysis problem by my boss that couldn't be solved with a simple excel file. So I had to quickly become the local expert in relational database design and Access (Shout out to the "... For Dummies" books!) I've been using it on and off ever since and through multiple employers - but I'm not quitting the day job any time soon!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:48
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

Here are just a couple of tips for you:

1. Feel free to ask any question you like, however basic you may feel it is, or even if it has been answered before. Our expert members thrive on helping you out!

2. If you prefer a dark theme to the forums, just go to the bottom left of this forum and click "Default style". You will then see a selection of themes to choose from. I like Shades of Blue. :)

3. If you like any of the answers you get, feel free to click the "Like" link on the bottom right hand corner of the post. If you hover over the Like link, you can even choose the type of smiley.

Above all, hang around here, have fun, learn stuff and join in.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:48
Hi, and Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:48
Welcome, Mee.

Actually, I kind of fell into the "Access bed of roses (?)" through my day job as well. I first used it to help analyze a problem with web pages, by writing a parser that I could use to decipher IIS log files to isolate particular threads and particular users. There are tons of packages to do that these days, but when I fell into that pit, there were no commercial products available that that Navy could procure without a six-month-long bid cycle. I could do what they wanted in less than 3 months and "home-grown" is a loop-hole in government procurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom