Access vs Excel - Charts (1 Viewer)

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 06:01
Hello all,

Is there anyone who has any ideas on creating a line chart displaying data from a cross tab query?

I posted a while back about financial totals and this is now working, and I have a wonderful chart if I export the data into Excel, see below. I was wondering if there was a way of mimicking this chart onto an Access form to remove the Excel requirement.

1582213309110.png

I know the chart function in Access is not as easy to manipulate, so if I have to leave this in Excel, I will. I was hoping someone may have created something similar in the past.

~Matt

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
Hi Matt. I don't think Access can beat Excel when it comes to charts, but have you tried the new chart in Access? Just curious...

MattBaldry

Local time
Hi Matt. I don't think Access can beat Excel when it comes to charts, but have you tried the new chart in Access? Just curious...

I have tried all options in the last week or so. I have been able to get some charts to work for me, but crosstab ones just don't display the same as the Excel ones.

~Matt

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have tried all options in the last week or so. I have been able to get some charts to work for me, but crosstab ones just don't display the same as the Excel ones.

~Matt
Hi Matt. Just to clarify, I was asking about the "new chart" feature in Access. I know the "old chart" feature is not very good, but the new one is supposed to be better.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:01
I would give a bound object control on a form a try and bind it to the Excel chart if you need it on a form.
That's because I would rather rub sand in my eyes than take up Access charting again.

MattBaldry

Local time
Hi Matt. Just to clarify, I was asking about the "new chart" feature in Access. I know the "old chart" feature is not very good, but the new one is supposed to be better.
I have tried that one, but cannot get it to display the data like I need. The samples show a chart like mine, but I cannot get it to work. I think Micron has the right idea with the sand.....

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have tried that one, but cannot get it to display the data like I need. The samples show a chart like mine, but I cannot get it to work. I think Micron has the right idea with the sand.....
LOL. No argument from me. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom