Solved Access with MySql (1 Viewer)

freuzo

Local time
Today, 16:32
Good morning all.
Advancing as an autodidact, I'm finalizing a small Access application that must be used by a few users (15 max). At the start, I had in mind that the database was split and that the BackE was on a server and the Front on the workstations of the different users. But for certain reasons the connection of the two would be complicated if not impossible. The most suitable solution for my subject is, therefore, to migrate the Back to MySql, hence a few questions, since I do not know anything about MySql yet (but fortunately I learn very quickly):

1- I can recreate my tables on MySql easily. How is relationship management done here, I imagine I have to do it on MySql? If yes, since I plan to use MySQL Workbench, is the management (creation/modification) of relationships very different from that of Access?

The records will mainly be made in 03 tables out of 07 (in the other tables the data is rather fixed). Each of these 03 tables will record a maximum of 3000 lines per year. One of the tables with 25 fields, and the other 02, 12. these are mainly numeric fields. This, from what I read, will be a very small database.

2- At the request level. I have read that these will run much faster on MySql's side and I have read lines about Sql Direct. Should I think about migrating the requests that I have already created (around 30) or not since the size of the database is relatively small?

Thank you in advance for your answers and possible links to discussions or tutorials that can help me.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:32
You might try posting the MySQL related questions on a MySql forum.
A well tested approach is to research MySql and mock up a simple database and "experiment".
It will help focus your approach and knowledge in order to ask specific questions of Access or MySql when/if necessary.
Good luck.

freuzo

Local time
Today, 16:32
Yes, It must be helpful to first create a simple database and train on it to get used to the environment.
I do that and come back if I have a specific question (to the right forum though).

Thanks for the advice, I should have thought of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom