Access with SQL server slow down (1 Viewer)

wjburke2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:09
My Access application is used to parse a text file and insert the records into a SQL Server BE is way slow. It was running on a 2008 R2 Express server. I recently migrated the data to a SQL Server 2012. Before the move I was inserting at about 30,000 records per minute. Now I am doing 30,000 a hour. Has anyone else noticed a problem with A2010 to SQL2012 Standard Edition?

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Do you have any Access tables joined with SQL Server tables? That could be your problem.

wjburke2

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your response, No, this is a all SQL Server backend. What changed: Because of the limitations of SQL 2008 R2 express. I had three databases Referance_Tables, TBO_Tables and Trace_Tables. When I moved to the SQL 2012 Standard Ed. server I combined all the tables into one database plus split the TBO tables into three mailing types. (see attached before_after.jpg) I do not know if this would have created a problem. I would think it would make it faster. We were running SQL2008 R2 Exp. on a VM now I am not sure I believe its a actual server.

Attachments

• Before_After.png
    Before_After.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Montor.png
    Montor.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

wjburke2

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks llkhoutx, after some further testing it was found that the server is at a remote location and so we believe the trunk line between my location and the server is mostly responsible. Thanks again if it wasn't for people willing to reply to these sometime silly questions I would be spinning my wheels a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom