acCmdZoomBox opens with font size 1 on some Office365 installs and the Font button causes a crash (1 Viewer)

InstructionWhich7142

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:05
We've just started a partial rollout of Office365 as our outlook2010 finally stopped working with Exchange365, we've still got a lot of desktops just used as terminals running Runtime2010, they work fine,

However the new installs of 365, which include Access have a strange bug where their ZoomBox font defaults to size 1, so is totally unreadable, and to top it off they crash to desktop when clicking the Font button so they can't change the default

The font size issue effects a new blank database created on their PC, however the font crash issue only occurs on our compiled ACCDE (compiled with 2010 for backward compatibility) is this the likely cause of the crash issue? that the font in 365 expects something that 2010 isn't including in the compile?

InstructionWhich7142

Registered User.
Local time
I've tried ACCDE & ACCDB, I've imported the objects into a new database etc and the crash persists, something we have set somewhere, somehow, must cause the crash but I've no idea which bit of code,

InstructionWhich7142

Registered User.
Local time
I ended up using the ugliest hack to sort this, I put a small "fix" button next to the zoombox button, it opens a totally separate database with 1 form with a zoombox button, the Font button works there and allows changing the default for Access to be a usable ZoomBox again, users only have to use it once but it's still such a bodge!

KoskeKos

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:05
We've just started a partial rollout of Office365 as our outlook2010 finally stopped working with Exchange365, we've still got a lot of desktops just used as terminals running Runtime2010, they work fine,

However the new installs of 365, which include Access have a strange bug where their ZoomBox font defaults to size 1, so is totally unreadable, and to top it off they crash to desktop when clicking the Font button so they can't change the default

The font size issue effects a new blank database created on their PC, however the font crash issue only occurs on our compiled ACCDE (compiled with 2010 for backward compatibility) is this the likely cause of the crash issue? that the font in 365 expects something that 2010 isn't including in the compile?
Hi all.
The problem crashing Access on clicked Fonts button still persist...

1668164633105.png

Try on opened ZoomBox, hold right CTRL + mouse Scroll Button to change font size.
I hope it helps.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 18:05
Hi all.
The problem crashing Access on clicked Fonts button still persist..
There are a lot of home grown zoom boxes that you can use instead. You can google these are search on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom