acDisplayAsHyperlinkAlways in formatcondition (1 Viewer)

Wysy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:24
Hi,
I have a field in a form with conditional formatting (blue color with underline). It is not a hyperlink but i would like to have to behave like that (hand as cursor). Can not get it worked. Is there a solution for this?
thank you

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:24
Why not just make it a hyperlink control?

Wysy

Registered User.
Local time
Because it is a subform in datasheet view. So i would iike to have in certain controls

Sodslaw

Registered User.
Local time
are you sure?

in design view in the text box property scroll to the bottom and look for Is hyperlink = yes/no selection. set it to yes

1652453298537.png

try and give it a go

Wysy

Registered User.
Local time
I have done it but in the column all have it. My aim is to have only if a certain text is the textbox.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
So look at changing those properties if your text is present.

Wysy

Registered User.
Local time
i did, but it still changes all the fields in the column.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Are you sure it is a datasheet and not a continuous form?

Sodslaw

Registered User.
Local time
I have done it but in the column all have it. My aim is to have only if a certain text is the textbox.
I would add new unbound Colunm and make it Hyperlink. make it visible

IN THE FORMS ON CURRENT OR ON LOAD EVENT ETC...
Code:
if me.originalcolumn = x then
   me.NewURLColumn = "Open Link"
else:  me.NewURLColumn =""
END IF

ONCLICK EVENT OF THE NEW COLUMN...
Code:
If Me.NewURLColumn = "Open Link" Then
Application.FollowHyperlink "https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/" ' or can work with C:\my folder\etc...
END IF

look at this approach.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
There is a reason for this behavior. One record has the focus at a time, even in a datasheet view or continuous view. That means the value in this field controls all of the visible records as well as the one with the focus. I said that badly, I'm afraid. The point is that if the current record meets your criteria for displaying the hyperlink in that field, then ALL visible instances of that field will be displayed the same way. Moving focus to a different record means that the new, now-current record, has control over ALL visible instances of that field.

Conditional formatting is the only way to impact individual instances of controls in different records in datasheet or continuous view, and I'm fairly sure that displaying the value in the control as a hyperlink isn't possible with conditional formatting. However, I've been wrong before (and will be again) so investigate conditional formatting for this task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom