Add new control source - new field not showing in query (1 Viewer)

emk1240

Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
Hi all,

I need to add a new control source for a new checkbox I have in a table. When I run a query to add it, the field isn't showing up and I can't add a control source, rendering my checkbox useless. Any ideas on a fix?

(edit: I've also refreshed the table with linked table manager, didn't do anything)

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:45
Hi all,

I need to add a new control source for a new checkbox I have in a table. When I run a query to add it, the field isn't showing up and I can't add a control source, rendering my checkbox useless. Any ideas on a fix?

(edit: I've also refreshed the table with linked table manager, didn't do anything)
I don't understand. Tables do not have checkboxes. Checkboxes are a control that can be used on a form but I would not use a query to change the Control Source of a checkbox. I would use VBA code.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 20:45
@emk1240
Did you "remove" the table from query design, and then re-'add' it?
The query won't automatically refresh showing that field from the table. You have to right click on the table, Remove, Re-add, and then it will show up.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:45
The context of your statement is ambiguous.

I THINK you are telling us that you added a checkbox (actually, a Yes/No field) to a table but it is not showing up in other places that use that table. That is because you have to go back to update those usages, whatever they are, to include the new field. Inclusion of new fields is NOT automatic, i.e. you don't get a "ripple down" because you added a field to something upstream from the place in question. (And that works the other way, too, because removal from the source doesn't propagate to the places of use - though an error indicator WILL show up.)

You said you can't add a control source. Which makes me think that we don't understand something about your environment. WHY can't you add a control source (or at least edit one)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom