Add scanner to database (1 Viewer)

azhar2006

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:15
Hello everyone and good evening everyone
Is it possible to add a button to the form for a database that scans a document and saves it for easy retrieval later. , It is associated with a path in a field of the table

Attachments

• microsoft-access-scan-document-button.png
    microsoft-access-scan-document-button.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 175

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
The active x control/OLE will pop up a wizard with properties, you can study the properties, adjust the required properties e.g source

azhar2006

Registered User.
Local time
The active x control/OLE will pop up a wizard with properties, you can study the properties, adjust the required properties e.g source
You can study the characteristics, And set the desired properties, such as the source Is that all ???? Thank you my friend ... Have you read about AccessImagine? What I want is the same

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yes it is.

The idea behind active x controls is to open various applications to each other, e.g you can

1. Create a new corel draw application from access and store the location in an access table

same can be done with bitmap(windows paint) and any other application that supports ole/active x

OLE means object linking and embedding

azhar2006

Registered User.
Local time
Yes it is.

The idea behind active x controls is to open various applications to each other, e.g you can

1. Create a new corel draw application from access and store the location in an access table

same can be done with bitmap(windows paint) and any other application that supports ole/active x

OLE means object linking and embedding
See what the creative colleague wrote @arnelgp
It's the same thing, but it's missing a scanner.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Do you have a scanner application installed, e.g windows fax and scan? You have to confirm that

Also was the scanner application when installed with all necessary drivers?

Try opening a scanner application and ensure it works well, if it does, then the Active x control to be used as to be that of the scanner application

azhar2006

Registered User.
Local time

azhar2006

Registered User.
Local time
i don't have scanner to test it with.
Develop the example and attach it here and I will test it. I have a scanner. I will give you the results. I am sure that the results are successful because you are doing it. You have great abilities, my friend. 🌷

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Google > using VBA to access a scanner. That should get you close enough to figure it out.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 21:15
Many thanks @arnelgp It's a special tool for the scanner and I didn't know how to add it in Access. Question: Why didn't you include it in your example, my dear friend? https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/cheap-alternative-to-access-imagine.307217/

Develop the example and attach it here and I will test it. I have a scanner. I will give you the results. I am sure that the results are successful because you are doing it. You have great abilities, my friend. 🌷
You have to do *some* of the work yourself, else where is the satisfaction when it eventually works?

azhar2006

Registered User.
Local time
You have to do *some* of the work yourself, else where is the satisfaction when it eventually works?
This is what I definitely do. But, my friend, I do not reach your capabilities. You are really amazing. I am trying to gain and learn from your experiences. Very cool forum. thank you for come by

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 21:15
This is what I definitely do. But, my friend, I do not reach your capabilities. You are really amazing. I am trying to gain and learn from your experiences. Very cool forum. thank you for come by
But you do not :(
I reached the limited level that I am at, by asking and adapting, Googling (a lot) and trial and error.

Which is perhaps why I am critical of people who want it all handed to them on a plate ? :( Just as you just asked @arnelgp to do just now?
However the downside of having it all handed to you on a plate, is you learn hardly anything, normally nothing. :(

I see it time and time again, where @arnelgp will supply some code that does what the OP wants, but then they come back and ask 'now I want it to do this' and they do that time and time again. :(

They have not bothered to learn anything, and why should they, if someone else is going to do the work for them. :(

That is why I have the 'feed the fish' quote. I believe if I can help you learn to think for yourself, you will be a better coder because of it.
It might appear cruel, but I believe it is for your best.?

azhar2006

Registered User.
Local time
thank you very much my friend
But you do not :(
I reached the limited level that I am at, by asking and adapting, Googling (a lot) and trial and error.

Which is perhaps why I am critical of people who want it all handed to them on a plate ? :( Just as you just asked @arnelgp to do just now?
However the downside of having it all handed to you on a plate, is you learn hardly anything, normally nothing. :(

I see it time and time again, where @arnelgp will supply some code that does what the OP wants, but then they come back and ask 'now I want it to do this' and they do that time and time again. :(

They have not bothered to learn anything, and why should they, if someone else is going to do the work for them. :(

That is why I have the 'feed the fish' quote. I believe if I can help you learn to think for yourself, you will be a better coder because of it.
It might appear cruel, but I believe it is for your best.?
You are amazing..I accept constructive criticism. I know your words are in my favor. Much appreciation to you, my dear friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom