Adding fields to reports that are based on queries (1 Viewer)

russi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:17
Can this be done?

I have a number of reports based on queries.
I have been asked to add a field from the table upon which the queries are built and therefore the reports are built.

After adding the field successfully to the queries, I cannot find them in the reports' Field List.
Anyway short of re-doing all these reports to add the field?

Thanks.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:17
Then the query which is the recordsource for your report is not the query you updated.

If you modified the query with the report open, you have to close the report and reopen it. Then the new field will be in the field list.

russi

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for responding, BUT I re-checked and the query I updated IS the one the report is based on. And after exiting database, still no go on field showing. Does itmatter that the underlying query has Group By? AGAIN, when run as a query, no problem.

Thanks.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:17
Access reports seem to "remember" the original field list contained in the recordsource at the time the report was built. To get it to "see" the new fields:
Open the report in design view, delete the queryname from the recordsource, save the report, put the queryname back into the recordsource, and re-save the report. You should now see all the columns.

Lily

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you!! I had a similar problem getting several reports to "show" the results of an updated query...your advice worked like a charm. Thanks to all.

Lily

russi

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, Pat. It did work, great!

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom