Adding Links to Word Documents (1 Viewer)

saross

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:57
Hi everyone.

I have designed a database that keeps track of certain elements of our work and it includes a table which holds links to key word documents and reports for each contract. I have built this in by merely allowing users to type in the location of the relevant file on our shared drive (s:\folder\folder\doc...).

Our users would like me to add something that allows them to browse through the S drive and select the document in question and click on it and the link be added automatically. I know this is what many systems enable you to do, can this functionality be added in Access using VBA?

Xanadu

Local time
Today, 17:57
saross said:
Hi everyone.

I have designed a database that keeps track of certain elements of our work and it includes a table which holds links to key word documents and reports for each contract. I have built this in by merely allowing users to type in the location of the relevant file on our shared drive (s:\folder\folder\doc...).

Our users would like me to add something that allows them to browse through the S drive and select the document in question and click on it and the link be added automatically. I know this is what many systems enable you to do, can this functionality be added in Access using VBA?

Yes, I've done it before but I don't have an example in front of me. I know it required using the common dialog control. Perhaps a search on Google will help, I'm 99% positive the code I used was found on the Internet.

saross

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:57
Thanks. Actually once I knew what I was looking for I found it in Access VB Help! It's the File Dialog Object (you need to enable the Office 10.0 Object Library too).

Just posting this in case anyone else looks for this too.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom