ADP - Form Problems (1 Viewer)

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 16:21
Hi all,

I am relatively new to SQL Server, currently going through the process of upgrading an Access 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 utilizing an Access Data Project for the front end.

When I create a view through SQL Server Management Studio connecting two (or more) tables, and then try to use that view as the record source for a form, I am getting an error message. The message is:

"The data was added to the database but the data won't be displayed in the form because it doesn't satisfy the criteria in the underlying record source. "

Searching for help on this topic, I get Microsoft's official answer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287627

However, my recordsource is already based on a view, and not on a SELECT statement, so I think there most be something else wrong.

I have definitely narrowed the problem down to the Primary Key of the Unique table being set as Identity, though I really think it would be important to keep that.

Any thoughts/suggestions/work arounds (aside from removing the Identity property as I can already do that but don't think I should have too)?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom