Advice on Launching Application (1 Viewer)

ChampionDuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:58
I have created application in Access 2000 and I am wondering what is the best way to go about installing it on users machines. For the test application I have completed the MDB. Then I split the front end from the back end, then I saved the front end as a mde file. (All of this is saved on the server). Then I just go to the users machines and create a shortcut to the application. It seems to be working fine but I was just wondering if this is the best way to go about it or if there is another way. Any advice would be helpfull.

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 05:58
Although Rob had some problems (IT guys had some firewalls that he couldn't get through) I would recommend this. http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36445&highlight=distributing

There are those that use a version system that only downloads when a new version is available. I have enough code to keep up with so I prefer to do the download every time. If you are interested in the version control method let me know and I'll post a link to that.

I would also recommend implementing a "log users off" utility so that you can work on the backend when necessary. See downloads at www.rogersaccesslibrary.com for "log users off".

ChampionDuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:58
Thanks

Thank you very much, I will look into all of that as soon as I finish adding in extra system requirements that the users seem to come up with on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom