After Update (1 Viewer)

MaleNurse325

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:53
OK ...

I have a database with medicines in stock with storage data.
There is embedded in this form an area for prescribing medicines and printing a medicine label.

On this area there is a field "Patient" which is the name of the guy I'm giving the medication to.

Id like an AfterUpdate to clear the content of the name field so the next patient or user cannot see the name of the person who previously was prescribed the medicine.

Sounds simple to geniuses like you but its bugging the cr*p out of me :banghead:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:53
I don't understand the after update reference? I would have thought you would be using a command button to operate the printing process, and a command button has an on click event not an after update event?

Sent from Newbury UK

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I think I've got it. What you mean is you have a combo box on the form which displays the patient's name. When you select the patient's name, you want the patient's name to immediately disappear from the combo box and the printing process to operate.

Sent from Newbury UK

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
If that's the case then I would suggest on selection of the patient in the combo box, the after update event of combo box will open a message box displaying the name of the patient selected. The message box would offer the option to cancel if you had selected the wrong patient, however if you proceeded to print then the message box would present the form ready for taking data entry for the next patient. This would automatically hide the patient name.

Sent from Newbury UK

MaleNurse325

Registered User.
Local time
Actually it is not a drop down but a field on the main form.
The medicines are selected from a drop down box and this the updates the rest of the form with the details of that medicine.
The prescribing details are in a sub section of the same form. It is not a sub form.

The rest of the fields in the sub section of the form are expiry date, batch number, manufacturer and patient instructions for the patient . Stuff like "One capsule to be taken three times a day. Complete the course" This doesn't change (much). The only filed that is updated is [Patient]

After I update the Medicine field to bring up the details of the medicine on the form. All I want to do, after I update the medicines drop down is to delete the contents of the field [Patient]

I hope that's a little clearer

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Why not just clear the form after you print the label.?

MaleNurse325

Registered User.
Local time
I could do that but I have 10 colleagues who use the system and they re.. lets say, less that reliable.
Currently the font is light grey and can only be viewed from directly in front of the screen.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:53
So clear the patient name after the code form printing the label:

Me.Patient = Null

Linq ;0)> (Retired Male Nurse)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom