All I needed to know about real life, I learned at the movies... (1 Viewer)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 06:11
When you are in serious trouble, don't fret, because something will happen at the VERY LAST moment to save you.

Unless you're Captain Jack's grandson :mad:

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 00:11
Unless you're Captain Jack's grandson :mad:

I don't get the reference? Darn I want to laugh at your response....but don't understand.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
In Torchwood Captain Jack used his own Grandson to defeat the aliens! I'm still gutted! He was one of my hero's (Captain Jack not his Granson), along with his good friend the Doctor :(

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Ohhhh. I love the BBC, I think I want to watch this, it looks like it is right up my ally. My FAVORITE BBC show, btw is Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle (Sp?).

Edit: I also enjoy Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters which I think is BBC, but not sure.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Oh well, if you enjoyed Pride and Prejudice you'll definately enjoy Torchwood and Dr Who! :D

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Are you being fecetious? They seem like two different genres.... But I am very diverse in my tv viewing... :D And so am sure that I'll enjoy those other two shows greatly! (Anything coming out of the BBC must be good, I really enjoy the British humor)

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
My brain connects things in mysterious ways. I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice. It came from the BBC. The BBC also put out Torchwood, therefore I would enjoy it as well. (I am a Jane Austen fanatic as well as a lover of all things fantasy and scifi)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Well you don't get more fantasy than a love story.

I love sci-fi, was devastated when they cancelled SG-Atlantis!

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Love Stargate! The Movie and SG-1. I have never seen Atlantis though. I bet it was great! Maybe I cna find it on Hulu

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
If aliens are going to land, they'll usually land in the US and speak English even though more people on the planet speak Mandarin.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Aliens always have far superior technology thant us Earthlings, and are always intent on destroying us.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
A person struck by a bullet may be thrown several yards by the impact.

Aliens, although smart enough to build the technology to cross interstellar distances, ultimately prove to be utterly stupid in some way.

Unlike Humans, aliens have only one, completely uniform culture per planet.

Swordfighting is easy - you and your opponent will alternately clash swords left and right directions, until he makes a mistake and you win.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
We really aren't alone in the universe. No matter how many thousands of years that no life has been found we will be proven wrong eventually.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Hiding behind anything will prevent you being shot. Even thin materials will stop a bullet and if the object isn't large enough to hide you properly, your assailant will not think to shoot at the bits of you that are sticking out.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Any information you need can be retrieved using a computer - if your suspect bought a pack of gum twelve years ago, from an unknown vendor, using cash, you'll be able to trace it by typing a plain-english search command.

If you find a flake of paint, you'll be able to determine that it was used to paint spinning tops in three factories in the Ukraine, between 1962 and 1965. If you have a computer.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
All it takes to get a criminal to crack and tell all is to whisper something in his ear. It is espcially effective if people behind a two-way mirror think that you won't get him to crack, and they have no idea what you said.

Edit: Oceans 13

Last edited:

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
All Images can be zoomed infinitely, just by selecting 'enhance' whenever the pixels start to show.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
When a person remembers an event, they always do so from the same viewpoint as when the camera witnessed it first time around, although the edges may be blurred.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
oumahexi; said:
868435]Oh well, if you enjoyed Pride and Prejudice you'll definately enjoy Torchwood and Dr Who! :D

Quote from Kryst51;
Are you being fecetious? They seem like two different genres
Torchwood is a spin off from Doctor Who but for adults I think, aswell as an anagram of same.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom