All out of Ideas at my Lvl.... (1 Viewer)

HaroldIII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:06
I have 3 reports with no unique column that can idenify a true match. I inserted a column in both reports numbering each itemthat range 1-22405. Report "A" is my break report, Report "B"&"C" have the same information but in addition has an idenifier that shows me who owns the break.

The Theory is if I have 10 items on report "A" that are the exact same, and match them to the 10 items on Report "B"&"C", it dont matter which line of data is given to each owner, as long as only those ten items are use.

The Problem is I am receiving multiple dupes.

I have tried changing the join properties, but still fail. I have creadted a macro in EXEL, so as of right now I export the data to a spreadsheet, and run a macro to remove all the dupes. This would be fine if there was really just 3 reports, but in reality i have 25 in total. Any Ideas?? Please help

PS. I am a beginner, but i just signed up for some advanced classes.

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:06
A report is where all your efforts finally lead to. Almost everything you want a report to show is prepared in the attached query.

You can use the DISTINCT sql keyword to get rid of the duplicates or you could use a GROUP BY keyword.
You must ask yourself WHY there are duplicates. Are you creating a cartesian product in your query? In that case, use joins to connect all tables together in your query.

post a sample database to get a detailed answer.

HTH:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom