Solved Alternative to Transferspreadsheet (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 05:11
It appears so. I am just going to go the route of using a "helper" field that will allow me to sort as needed.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:11
The main reason I am avoiding it this go around is that you cant guarantee the order in which it will write to the table and I need to maintain the order of the data.
Just to clarify a little more. TransferSpreadsheet uses the actual stored file to transfer the data rather than what you are seeing on the screen. So, if you sorted the records, that does not change the physical order of the rows and that may be what you experienced. To get around that issue, you can link to the spreadsheet and then run an append query that sorts the data as it appends it. That will append it in the desired order. BUT, as the others have pointed out, once the data is in the table, you need something on which to sort it in order to guarantee any particular sequence of rows returned. If the rows are appended in a particular order, the autonumber will reflect that so you can sort on the autonumber PK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom