And the winner for best film is . . . . (1 Viewer)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:03
My god, Col:eek:... now granted, I may have missed something in my absence, but when exactly did you lose your marbles? Dude, you've gone from plucky to just down right mean. Where's the witty banter? The engaging intellect? You sound like you've been trapped in a sunless room and forced to view whatever passes for bad 24x7 cable news on your little island.

<slowly shakes head...shuffles off>

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
The first time I ever saw a post from Colin was 2-3 years ago, and he already had a full-on hate-on for anything and everything American (right down to use of the very term 'American').

I've never seen any Colin other than the one who considers the USA and its residents to be the source of all that is evil in the world, and who wants to make *DAMNED* sure that everyone else knows it. (Other than the 'I'm going to kill myself in 2020 and I don't care what that does to my disabled wife because I hate her too' Colin, that is.)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Back before the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the Sons of Aryus, there was a time unheard of... let me tell you of the days of high adven--- well... at least a time when the "I hate 'muricans" schtick was far more good natured. :D

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
My god, Col:eek:... now granted, I may have missed something in my absence, but when exactly did you lose your marbles? Dude, you've gone from plucky to just down right mean. Where's the witty banter? The engaging intellect? You sound like you've been trapped in a sunless room and forced to view whatever passes for bad 24x7 cable news on your little island.

<slowly shakes head...shuffles off>

That rapier wit has dulled somewhat, hasn't it...oh well tomorrow is another day!

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Back before the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the Sons of Aryus, there was a time unheard of... let me tell you of the days of high adven--- well... at least a time when the "I hate 'muricans" schtick was far more good natured. :D

Must have been a long time ago, then. First time I ever encountered Colin, he was whining about getting his hand slapped after badmouthing ChrisO on the thread about his death, and it went downhill from there.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:03
Guys, I think you missed one point. I believe Col's wife has passed away, which is part of his reason to talk about checking out voluntarily. The change is because he is terribly depressed and doesn't want to do anything about it. I wish I didn't understand that, but I actually do. When my mother passed, I was more than once ready to take the final walk but I got some help and came out of my sheer blue funk. My life turned around and I could look to the future again. Col is still on the other side of that "wall" and currently has no intent to climb it.

His attitude is what it always was, but now amplified by a more fatalistic viewpoint.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:03
By the way, back to the original topic: The news I saw today is that the two people who represented PWC at the Oscars will NEVER AGAIN go there. They are officially banned, assuming they would even still have a job with PWC.

It is still a matter of further investigation as to whether PWC will return next year. The current consensus is "not without a head or two rolling." The AMPAS folks are STILL stinging from the embarrassment of publicly granting the awards incorrectly and having to "take it back."

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Hmm...last I heard, she was still around. While I have him on ignore, I would have thought I'd have seen people posting condolences.

But while I do feel some sympathy if that's the case, to me it by no means excuses either his pathological hatred of America or his constant trolling of everyone on this forum. Besides, his suicide thread from last fall even stated that his suicide plans are just because he never wants to turn 70, and explicitly states that everything will just have to be put into the wife's name.

And if you re-read the initial post, the topic was a combination of some fairly mean-spirited raging at Americans because of the Oscar screw up (because obviously it means all 300+ million of us are moral defectives) plus some disparaging conspiracy theories. I guess a more on-topic response would be to ask when the Queen was going to finally admit to having Diana murdered so that Charles didn't have to share custody of the children.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:03
I thought the "**** up" at the Oscars was pretty funny. :D

...and Col is right, Trump is an arrogant !@#$ and we as a nation voted him in. He is a parody of everything the world dislikes about us. Arrogant, conceited, vain and morally bankrupt.

When somebody can be taped saying such crude, depraved things about women and still be voted in to the White House then we deserve such ridicule. As a nation, what have we done recently to change Col's point of view? Not much.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
And what, precisely, are we supposed to do? Give up the rule of law, send in lynch mobs, and burn down the White House? Maybe start a new civil war? Completely balkanize? Perhaps send out murder squads to eliminate everyone who ever voted conservative?

I mean, that's the kind of behavior Colin expects, not Democrats and allied progressives doing everything they can to oppose Trump and his agenda without breaking the law - plus some civil resistance which, while breaking some minor (typically trespassing) laws, is a hallowed American tradition.

I mean, hell, that even completely overlooks the point that Trump won with a minority of votes only due to a technicality put into place to ensure slave states more power, because 46% of Americans apparently still had no problem with a blatantly racist, blatantly criminal con-man and sex offender with obviously fascist leanings, absolutely zero qualifications, and even less knowledge of government and the Constitution was still a better choice than *GASP* a woman because scary brown people.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
When somebody can be taped saying such crude, depraved things about women and still be voted in to the White House then we deserve such ridicule...

Almost as puzzling as not getting impeached for getting head from your intern while in the Oval Office and then lying about it.

My point? This isn't original sin here and as soon as folks realize we ALL have been taking bites from the same shit-sandwich, the better.

But I'm not bitter....

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
And what, precisely, are we supposed to do? Give up the rule of law, send in lynch mobs, and burn down the White House? Maybe start a new civil war? Completely balkanize? Perhaps send out murder squads to eliminate everyone who ever voted conservative?

You don't get it, which is why Colin continues to ridicule you. Instead of saying, yes Colin has a point, as a nation we are in a bad place, you make silly excuses to do anything but.

Colin ridicules the USA as a nation, something currently justifiable. He only ridicules you when you don't get it.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Almost as puzzling as not getting impeached for getting head from your intern while in the Oval Office and then lying about it.

My point? This isn't original sin here and as soon as folks realize we ALL have been taking bites from the same shit-sandwich, the better.

But I'm not bitter....

Ah the dreaded poop has always smelt so it isn't poop anymore. Pass.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Ah the dreaded poop has always smelt so it isn't poop anymore. Pass.

If you are implying that I am saying it's ok because it has always been a certain way, you missed my point.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
You don't get it, which is why Colin continues to ridicule you. Instead of saying, yes Colin has a point, as a nation we are in a bad place, you make silly excuses to do anything but.

Colin ridicules the USA as a nation, something currently justifiable. He only ridicules you when you don't get it.

Or maybe you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I'm spending my 'free' time pressuring my elected representatives, getting other people to contact their representatives, getting people to town hall meetings with their representatives, all to make the voice of the people heard, and next year I'll be out trying to get people signed up to vote for mid-terms.

You know, basically I'm participating in the democracy and trying to FIX this mistake. You and your buddy just sit there pointing at the worst of Americans and gleefully exclaiming that all of America are just like them.

And what, precisely, are you doing other than sitting around on your ass going, 'Yup, America sucks. If there were only some way it could have been stopped.'?

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
And do I really need to start digging up all the posts where Colin has portrayed ALL Americans as morally bankrupt racist thugs who are, each and every one, the source of everything wrong in the world? It's virtually his entire posting history over the last four years, after all.

If he were limiting himself to laughing at the idiocy of Trump and the GOP, or of the Democrats for thinking Clinton was a viable candidate, then no one would be getting particularly worked up about it, but he's not. He has been adamant this entire time in his beliefs that ALL Americans, including you, are absolutely morally bankrupt and that the world would be better off without us...the PEOPLE, not the NATION. It's basically the nationalist version of racism, and that's why those of us here who aren't completely jaded about America's problems are sick of him.

Last edited:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Or maybe you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I'm spending my 'free' time pressuring my elected representatives, getting other people to contact their representatives, getting people to town hall meetings with their representatives, all to make the voice of the people heard, and next year I'll be out trying to get people signed up to vote for mid-terms.

You know, basically I'm participating in the democracy and trying to FIX this mistake. You and your buddy just sit there pointing at the worst of Americans and gleefully exclaiming that all of America are just like them.

And what, precisely, are you doing other than sitting around on your ass going, 'Yup, America sucks. If there were only some way it could have been stopped.'?

You take yourself and Colin's shenanigans far too seriously which is why he gets so much traction.

Good luck with your local interactions though, I mean that sincerely.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:03
Imagine you’re only motivation for logging into AWF for last 15 years is to wind people up. So sad.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Imagine you’re only motivation for logging into AWF for last 15 years is to wind people up. So sad.

Actually it's about 17 years, we lost a couple of years back in 2002 due to a hacker deleting all the data.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom