Android (MotoZ4) vs Apple (?) (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 05:30
Just recently my old phone died. I had to buy a new phone. Verizon told the Moto z4 was just a new version of my old phone. I dislike this phone. It took three days just to find someone to show me how to get my dialing pad back. Now they tell me that my back up old flip phone will soon no longer work as it is 3G and Verizon is going to discontinue 3G service. I had thoughts of going Apple (?) for my main phone and use my Android (Moto Z4) as my back up. I started looking into the option of going apple. Of my many associates I can not find anyone who is very knowledge in android (motoZ4) and Apple (whatever)

So I am coming to the biggest knowledge field that I am aware of. AWF.

Question 1: The biggest problem I have with MotoZ4 is that when I go to make a call or take a picture or whatever else what pops up is the things I did last. I don’t what to know where I have been. I want to know where I am going. Is there a setting to stop it from doing this?

Question 2:
Is there anybody here (AWF) that is well versed in Android (MotoZ4) and Apple (?) as well that can give me a good comparison of both phones? The good, the bad and the ugly. <G>

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:30
I'm an Android fanboy, and I know very little about Apple, although I get the impression APPLE are far simpler to use. I recommend them for people that don't want the hassle of sorting phones out.

There are many makes of Android phone, I don't know anything about your particular make, however if it's running on Android, then I would suspect it runs just like any other Android phone, unless the maker has built their own interface on top of the Android interface. If this is the case that might be what's causing you trouble.

I got a Pixel 3a because I like the the proper Google Android interface, there's no overlay because it's an original Google phone.

I'm pretty sure if you search on YouTube you will find some YouTube videos that will help you get to know your phone, I don't know if there are any videos for your particular model, but I'm sure most videos about using Android would relate to your phone.

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
Today, 09:30
You may want to go through this post:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I'm an Android fanboy, and I know very little about Apple, although I get the impression APPLE are far simpler to use. I recommend them for people that don't want the hassle of sorting phones out.

There are many makes of Android phone, I don't know anything about your particular make, however if it's running on Android, then I would suspect it runs just like any other Android phone, unless the maker has built their own interface on top of the Android interface. If this is the case that might be what's causing you trouble.

I got a Pixel 3a because I like the the proper Google Android interface, there's no overlay because it's an original Google phone.

I'm pretty sure if you search on YouTube you will find some YouTube videos that will help you get to know your phone, I don't know if there are any videos for your particular model, but I'm sure most videos about using Android would relate to your phone.
Well I guess that's the best advice I have had so far. As the old saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them. Maybe a tutorial will ease some of the pain.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:30
Hands down the best phone I have owned.

1592186226473.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:30
I think I put this comment in another thread recently where "android vs. apple" was being discussed. My simple summary of apple vs. everything else (goes for computers too), is this:
>> With Apple, the phone tells you what to do. With Android, you tell the phone what to do.

Just depends on how comfortable you are messing with your phone--and reaping the wide open benefits thereof--vs. not wanting to have to (nor be able to) change much of anything, but also get a simpler system.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I think I put this comment in another thread recently where "android vs. apple" was being discussed. My simple summary of apple vs. everything else (goes for computers too), is this:
>> With Apple, the phone tells you what to do. With Android, you tell the phone what to do.

Just depends on how comfortable you are messing with your phone--and reaping the wide open benefits thereof--vs. not wanting to have to (nor be able to) change much of anything, but also get a simpler system.
Thanks for answering. At this point I think my best option is look over some tutorials, and maybe ease up om my learning curve. If anybody spots a good one for my phone please send me a link. The one I looked at so far was more of a sales tool trying to sell the phone, than telling me how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom