Another Mail Merge Problem (1 Viewer)

Divit11

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:58
Hello All,

I am just beginning to work with Access 2000 and though my first address book database seems to be working well by itself it does not want to play nicely with MS Word 2000.

The current problem is that data seems to be merging into my Word documents in lower case (yes, the data was entered into my access form and table in lower case). I checked both the table / field property / format = “>” and the form / textbox / control property / format = “>” (both without the dbl quotes). All values in that field appear to be in upper case as I wanted. My report, query and form display the data correctly in upper case.

One other possible factor that may be confusing Word 2000 is that this data is in tblPostalCodes table that is related to the tblAddressBook table. The query I created combines both of these tables.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Divit11

Divit11

Registered User.
Local time
Still no idea?

Is there another board or forum that might be able to answer this question?

Divit11

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Instead of basing the merge on your table, base it on a query where the fields that you wanted to up-case are like

UCFld: Ucase$(Fld)

Then in your merge template, instead of referencing Fld, you reference UCFld. Instead of referencing the table, you reference the query.

Divit11

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Doc for the reply. I had no clue as to where in a query that should go. So I clicked on the Help Menu and it wasn't long before I found the subject of Format and Input Mask properties and the topic "Should I use a data display or an input mask?"

:eek: It says there in the fine print that the format property is for DISPLAY.

I cleared out the > from the format property and added >L>??????????;;" " to the input mask property in both my table and related form.

I did notice that the records that were in lower case were still displaying in upper case, so I had to clear the input mask property and go back to the table and reenter them all in UC.

Now the mail merge problem is solved. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom