Any Writers? (1 Viewer)

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 05:33
I recall reading a thread at some point where some forum users were saying that they were writers. Mostly out of curiosity, who on the forums like to write in their spare time, and what type of genre do you tend to write in?

I like to write mostly fantasy type fiction. I have three novels that are all in different states of incompleteness, and I tend to start new ones often as well.

I also enjoy reading other people's work, and I have edited a few self-published novels.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:33
Hey, Adam.

I've written five novels (completed) in a series, in the sword-and-sorcery or perhaps Dungeons and Dragons genre. No publishers yet.

I've also got two sci-fi novels - one about 75% to 80% complete, the other with a good start but I'm bogging down on where I want it to go.

- Richard

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Last edited:

Adam Caramon

Local time
I've written five novels (completed) in a series, in the sword-and-sorcery or perhaps Dungeons and Dragons genre. No publishers yet.

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment. My mind tends to wander a lot when I'm writing and sometimes it wanders so much off plot that I end up starting a new novel.

If you're interested in receiving any feedback I'd be happy to read through some excerpts of yours.

Have you ever participated in National Novel Writing Month? Its held every November. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in 1 month.

Steve R. said:
If you haven't looked already you may be interested in:

Thanks for the links Steve.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
This, is a tell of woe, told by a fool, signifying…

Well actually, there is significance here, the message is for those that follow; don’t do as I have done, save often and make sure your backups are multiple and clean.

Over the years I have started many novels and more than a few screenplays.
None ever made it past 100 pages or so (a typical screenplay is 110 pages long). Alas, if I ever did get the urge to finish them, it would be impossible.

For they are gone, gone I tell you, gone forever.

Lost in a fit of magnetic destitute.

So the moral my young friends, save often and have good backups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom