Append Query problem (1 Viewer)

Adrianna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:09
Bummer.....I guess it's not my day.

Access 2002 errors all day and then this:

I have a simple append query adding fields from an imported table into my Master Table. Only two of the friends are different and I'm not really worried about them defaulting to null. When I run the query it tells me the usual....288 records are about to be appended....THERE IS NO TURNING BACL:) Hehe. Anyway, I click okay and then it tells me that do to type conflicts I will loose a few fields because they will be set to null (no big deal), but when the query completes....there is nothing in my Master Table.

I guess I should mention that I emptied the Master Table and compacted it!

Any clues?:confused:

cogent1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:09
sure you've read the message?

If no records are appended, the error message will stipulate how many and why. Key violations are the commonest cause. Read the message CAREFULLY. If you still have doubts, please post your SQL statement for the query;)

Adrianna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:09
I read throught the message very carefully and noticed that it seemed to be running into a key conflict. So, I removed the key from the Master field and I was able to APPEND some of the new data. Unfortunately only 167 of 288 records were able to transfer. The warning only mentions loosing 6 records do to conflicts....not 121 records.

Anyway....I'm a little frustrated with the whole event. I've never had any troubles running and append query before....so I just ran a Make a Table query to add the additional Master fields to the newly imported table.

When it doesn't work one way...there is always another way!! :cool: So....it worked! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom