Append Query (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:11
One of my favorite partners at the bridge table is a dentist and I'm certain that he knows every offensive joke ever created and he is sufficiently politically incorrect to tell them. I still love him but I kick him under the table when I can see that he is offending people.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
One of my favorite partners at the bridge table is a dentist and I'm certain that he knows every offensive joke ever created and he is sufficiently politically incorrect to tell them. I still love him but I kick him under the table when I can see that he is offending people.
Its not nice to kick husbands. I have the shin marks to prove it. Your name came up at my weekly men's Friday breakfast get together. What tricked it was the mention of long gone Rocky Point.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I would never play bridge with my husband. That is the road to divorce or murder:) I only play with other women's husbands. Most of them consider it a favor:)

Rocky Point? The state park on Long Island Sound? I didn't know it was gone. I remember it fondly from my childhood. The "castle" was really impressive to a little kid.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I would never play bridge with my husband. That is the road to divorce or murder:) I only play with other women's husbands. Most of them consider it a favor:)

Rocky Point? The state park on Long Island Sound? I didn't know it was gone. I remember it fondly from my childhood. The "castle" was really impressive to a little kid.

Well Pat I think you have been kicking too many shins. Probable in effigy.

My bad: I assume for some stupid reason you were native RI iner. (probable because I had been kicked in the shins too many times.)

The reason your person (not name) came up in our men’s gathering (to fix the world) and I mention I was originally from RI, another person said when I was station there I used to go to Rocky Point.

November 7, 1994

Rocky Point Amusement Park. Rocky Point Park was an amusement park on the Narragansett Bay shore of Warwick, Rhode Island, United States. It operated from the late 1840s until it closed on November 7, 1994. In 1996, the park officially filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwi0usGGrdfqAhUiZDUKHSy1CKkQ4dUDCAk&uact=5

I think maybe you have been kicked a few times also, because Google could not find a Rocky Point on Long island Sound. This is the closest Google could find.

Rocky Neck State Park is a public recreation area on Long Island Sound in the town of East Lyme, Connecticut, United States. ... It is managed by the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...LjguNC4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab

If you find a Rocky Point send me a link and I will let you kick me in the shins in absentia.

Save me some effort, Please put smile faces in all appropriate places.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think I'm getting senile. Rocky Neck is the name of the state park I was referring to. But I have heard of Rocky Point although I don't think I ever went there. I grew up in Norwich which is a stone's throw from the RI border and we used to go to Beach Pond which spanned the boarder to swim if we weren't going to Misquamicut.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I think I'm getting senile. Rocky Neck is the name of the state park I was referring to. But I have heard of Rocky Point although I don't think I ever went there. I grew up in Norwich which is a stone's throw from the RI border and we used to go to Beach Pond which spanned the boarder to swim if we weren't going to Misquamicut.
Never been there, you poor soul. Best red clam chowder, clam cakes, and fried whole body clams in RI. (WAS). For you non-yankees, Clam Cakes look very much like your (uk) hush puppies, except they are made with wheat flour instead of corn meal, and have chopped up clams inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom