Append to Sharepoint List (1 Viewer)

GohDiamond

"Access- Imagineer that!"
Local time
Today, 16:48
Hello to All you SharePoint & Access Users,
I'm trying to append a couple of records to a SharePoint list. I have all the necessary permissions to Read/Write(Contribute) to the List.

One of the fields in the List is what SharePoint refers to as "Person or Groups" apparently a "multivalue" or maybe a "calculated" field. When I physically enter a User ID into the field Directly into the Linked SharePoint Table/List everything works fine.

When I try to add records with an append query the "Person or Groups" field always causes an error. I'm attempting to append the exact same data to the field that was entered manually, but the error persists.

...Can't append all the records...set 1 field to Null due to type conversion failure...didn't add 0 records due to key violations, 0 records due to lock violations, 0 records due to validation rule violations.​

So it enters the rest of the record and not the [Resource] Field.

Here's the Query:

INSERT INTO [Change Justification] ( Resource, [New CC], [Old CC], Status )
SELECT tbl_Changes.Name, tbl_Changes.NewCC, tbl_Changes.OldCC, tbl_Changes.Status
FROM tbl_Changes
WHERE (((tbl_Changes.CreateDt)=Date()));​
Change Justification is the linked SharePoint List.
tbl_Changes is the Access (2013) Table where the data is stored connected to the Input form. The query represents a batch of changes made on the same day to be uploaded/appended to the SharePoint List.

Is this something I can do with an query or do I have to publish the list daily, or what?

Thanks for the help in advance..
Goh

PS SharePoint is also the new 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom