Arranging tables in the Access Query Builder (1 Viewer)

AJJJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
Hi. Bit of an odd question but. When I look at a query in the Query Builder and arrange the placement of the tables, included in the query, so as to make it easier to read: Access discards that arrangement the next time I open that query. I'm sure in the past that they stayed the way they were last left? Is my memory failing or is there some way to do this?

Thanks for your time

AR

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
save the query should save the modified positions.

AJJJR

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the answer. It didn't solve the problem but got me one step further.

I don't often use the Query Builder to build and save a query as a query. When I do that the tables stay in the same position. Normally I use the Query Builder to define the Record Source of a form or the RowSource of a combobox. In those instances closing off the Query Builder does not save the location of the tables. Anybody know if this can even be done?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
if you are opening the query as sql stated in a form recordsource or control rowsource then it won't save the the table positions because a query object is not stored.

AJJJR

Registered User.
Local time
if you are opening the query as sql stated in a form recordsource or control rowsource then it won't save the the table positions because a query object is not stored.
O.K. It's a no go then. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom