Auto correct list network wide (1 Viewer)

Martix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:18
I was wondering if there was a way to have the local copies of access all pull from the same ACL file ( Auto correct list), The database is for a security company and i need to have the radio codes automatically replaced with plain english, the acl works great for this but i can only seem to get it to work on a local machine, the DB is resident on a shared network drive on an nt 4.0 network, any suggestions???

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:18
If you are having trouble linking to the shared db because of different drive mappings, use the UNC naming convention when you map to the drive. In the dialog box you get from File/Get External Data/ Link, just type //servername/path and hit enter. Then choose the db you want to link to.

Martix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:18
It isnt a mapping issue, all pc'c share the db fine, the issue seems to be that the ACL file is a local file and not used in the shared resources, i need to know if you can incorporate a network wide ACL file, if not i need to create a master auto correct list and copy that file to each machine, im hoping to avoid that so if i update the file i dont need to re copy obn to every pc every time i make an addition

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:18
Import the ACL list into the Access database on the shared drive or if it is already a table in an existing database on the shared drive, link to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom