Auto Fill (1 Viewer)

D

dfkelsm

I am using Access for a hymn database. I have created a table with 9 fields labeling the first as the key. My database which will ultimately have over 60,000 entries will have a ton of repitition. I want Access to auto-fill the text after I type just a few letters. Excel does this easily how about Access? Also would it be possible that if I enter the same information in the key that the other 8 fields would follow accordingly?

In need of help,

dynamictiger

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:55
I don't quite understand what you mean by Autofill. However, in Excel the autofill occurs when you are repeating information previously entered. In Access we handle this slightly differently. Normally this information would be stored in a lookup table. This is a table that is related to the main table. For your example it could be something like:

tblKey
KeyID
Key

Where key is the actual key of the music eg C Major, G Minor etc.

tblHymn
HymnID
HymnName
KeyID
Etc

KeyID is a linked field to the lookup table.

This will appear as a combo box in your table and if you use the linking wizard will list just the keys the music may be in, i.e.: C Major, G Minor.

I suspect the table can be further normalised by listing events the hymn is suited to.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom