Auto populate pending values in one combox to another combo box (1 Viewer)

Sarabjit

Local time
Today, 15:45
Hello Everyone, I am new to access. I am creating a student database. I have crated a single table for this database and a form. I need help with two combo boxes. I have created these two combo boxes named (Documents Submitted and Documents pending). Thease two boxes I created using "Lookup coloumn". I selected "I will type in the values that I want" for both the boxes. After I filled the values in both as (CV, Ielts, Passport Copy, Certificates, photo id). After this I gave the name and selected "Allow multiple values". Now in my form it shows both the combo boxes and in both the boxes it shows CV, Ielts etc. I can select multiple Items in both the boxes. I hope I am clear up to here.
Now at this point these two boxes (Document Submitted and Documents pending) are showing items (documents names) separately. What I want is to combine the values of both. I want to do is, if I select "CV, IELTS, passport copy" in document submitted box, rest of the pending names (Photo ID, Certificates) should automatically be filled in Document pending box. What ever I didnt select in Document submitted box should appear in Document pending box.
Can anyone help me in accomplish this. Please guide me through the process how I can do that. I shall be very thankful to you.

For better understanding i am attaching my file with it. Please check it and let me know.

cheers
Sarab

Attachments

• Student Database.accdb
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:45
A pox on the House of Microsoft for introducing multiple value fields.

I can't help you with this using multiple valued fields. I strongly suggest you have a second table containing the documents which have been submitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom