Autofill date range form (1 Viewer)

leafsrock100

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:04
I have two user-inputted date range forms. One controls the inventory while the other control the sales report.

When I input the sales report date range, which is linked to the inventory, it asked me to input a date range from the inventory form in the form of an Access warning box.

Is there anyway to autofill/match the begin date of the inventory report form to the begin date of the sales report form?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:04
Use a textbox instead of the prompt and in the query criteria for both reports you would reference the textbox like this:
Code:
[Forms]![NameOfForm]![NameOfTextbox]

leafsrock100

Registered User.
Local time
I use a textbox for both of the date range forms already. The sales report won't query without the "Enter Parameter Value" box from coming up

i.e. it asks for the following:

"Forms!Filtered Inventory Summary Date Range!BeginDate"

when I click the preview button. I think this is because the sales report needs data from another query called "Beginning inventory" that needs the "begin date" from the inventory date range form

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Notice how mine was written, with square brackets (i.e. []). If the names contain spaces or special characters then you must enclose them in square brackets:

[Forms]![Filtered Inventory Summary Date Range]![BeginDate]

leafsrock100

Registered User.
Local time
I have that written your way in my "beginning inventory" query though. When I click to open that query, I get the same box that pops up

The SQL statement for that query is:

SELECT [Inventory Transactions].ProductID, Sum(nz([QtyReceived],0)-nz([QtyShipped],0)-nz([QtyShrinkage],0)) AS [Beginning Inventory], IIf([Beginning Inventory]=0,0,Format(Sum([RawUnitPrice]*[QtyReceived])/Sum([QtyReceived]),"$0.00")) AS BegUnitPrice, Units.UnitType
FROM [Inventory Transactions] INNER JOIN Units ON [Inventory Transactions].UnitID = Units.UnitID
WHERE ((([Inventory Transactions].TransactionDate)<=[Forms]![Filtered Inventory Summary Date Range]![BeginDate]))
GROUP BY [Inventory Transactions].ProductID, Units.UnitType;

Don't know if that helps or not

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
The form must be open before you run the query

leafsrock100

Registered User.
Local time
So there is no way I can open my sales report without have the inventory summary date range form open and the "begindate" text box filled out?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Nope! Create a (smaller) separate form to handle this which you would use for your report only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom