Automated date/time assignment (1 Viewer)

Ironis

Learning Member...
Local time
Yesterday, 20:54
Hello,

I am quite new to access, and i am working now on an internship, building a reservationsystem.
A function which needs to be in the system, is an automated timeblock assignment. Like when someone wants clicks a button, a report will appear, with the reservations for the upcoming timeblock. There are 3 timeblocks: 9am, noon and 3pm.

How can I do this, what code is needed, any example is welcome!

Thanks

edit: sorry for posting this wrong..

Last edited:

Dave Eyley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:54
What field(s) are used to store the date/time for the record and how do you want to relate this date/Time to the 3 timeblocks?

Would you want 3 buttons on the form - one for each timeblock?

Dave E

Ironis

Learning Member...
Local time
Yesterday, 20:54
I rather not use buttons, but I could use those.. What my question is, is if I can let access automatically determine the upcoming timeblock, eg its 1pm, so access automatically puts the 3pm block of that day on the screen, when someone opens a report, to see how many bookings there are for the next timeblock. I could also use 3 buttons tho, but then it qill be a query I guess, where access looks for the date of today, and it automatically looks (by clicking the 3pm button) for 3pm, so that will be programmed. But is there a way I can let access find the next timeblock automatically..

The timeblocks will be stored in a table, where all the programs are specified. (how many people, how long does it take, and what timeblock). So for one program, there will be 3 records.. The timeblocks will be stored like in the program table, where 1 = 9am, 2=noon and 3=3pm, or something like that

Dave Eyley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:54
The only way I know to trigger anything in Access isby using the OnTimer event.

Have a form, with a subform showing the data. This data would be linked to the main form by the BlockID.

Have a field on the main form called BlockId.

In the OnTimer Event, have a piece of code that will, every 5 mins check if the time falls within a certain period relating to the Blocks. If it does then change the BlockID on the mainform to the relevant BlockID and the subform will display the correct data for the given Block.

Does that help?

Dave E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom