Solved Question about screen resolution (1 Viewer)

goncalo

Local time
Today, 08:39
Hello everyone
I have a question regarding the resolution and zoom of a monitor.
I am currently doing an Internship in a company and they have asked me to develop an interface in VBA that will be used in the Tear Down area of the company.
Currently the interface is almost finished,however i am facing an annoying issue.
The issue that im facing is that i made this interface on my laptop which the resolution of it is 1920x1080 with a zoom of 125% and the monitors that this interface will run on have a resolution of 1360x768 (I know, they are ANCIENT) and every time i open up my program the interface looks kinda meh.
I wouldn't mind it if the interface wasn't looking that good if it still worked properly,however the main reason im starting this thread is because i have a button in my interface that displays images of where leaks can happen and the user is supposed to click on the spot where a leak occurred and that info will be sent to a cell in the sheet but since the resolution of their monitors are different from the one i used to code the excel file the images aren't displayed correctly and the labels that i assigned to have those values are in different spots.
Do i really need to get them new monitors or is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for reading

goncalo

Local time
ill take a look at the resizer!
well what im thinking about doing is taking my monitor there and see if it works fine (hopefully)

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:39
i have a button in my interface that displays images of where leaks can happen and the user is supposed to click on the spot where a leak occurred and that info will be sent to a cell in the sheet but since the resolution of their monitors are different from the one i used to code the excel file the images aren't displayed correctly and the labels that i assigned to have those values are in different spots.
This appears to be critical functionality. Then you must revise your code to properly calculate the current scaling of the image to get the coordinates the user clicked on correctly with different resolutions. Just making the users get new monitors will not fix the problem completely. What if users configure resolution and/or display scaling differently on their new monitors? Your code must be able to handle this.

goncalo

Local time
well i doubt they would be able to change the resolution,most of them are not tech savvy at all but it is a very valid point
Do you have any idea on how i might be able to make my code handle different resolutions?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Do you have any idea on how i might be able to make my code handle different resolutions?
see the link

goncalo

Local time
turns out the thing that was mainly mucking up the file was the zoom %,so i changed the zoom % to the same one as i had (125%)
i also managed to work around the resolution issue by adding scrollbars to the userforms so that they could just scroll up and down and see the userform menu
thank you all for taking the time to try and help me

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:39
thank you all for taking the time to try and help me

Our members are all glad when they can help. For future reference, though, we try to avoid outright vulgarity. "Futzing" or "Mucking" or "Dorking" or many other euphemisms apply that would equally get the message across. Since you didn't use that directed towards a member, all you get is the proverbial "whipped with a wet noodle." But try to remember that we DO tend to temper our language here.

And I decided to make this message in this format because of OTHER members - and guests - who might see this and thus think we are a bunch of uncouth rowdy people, when in fact we are merely exuberant enthusiastic tech geeks.

goncalo

Local time
ohhh my bad guys,will take note of that for the future!
thank you once again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom