Automatic Popup (1 Viewer)

coolcatkelso

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:42
Hiya

I have a form called Employees with all my employees information, I have a subform attached called SickDays

Employees Info
EmployeeID, Name, Address, DOB, Warnings (Memo) etc
Sickdays has -

AbsentDate, AbsentReason, AbsentNotes And, Informed (Yes/No).

Would it be possable to create something like, If the employee had more than 3 days off sick in a year, and I wasn't informed, then an automatic popup would load telling me thi (So I don't have to scroll through all the records myself) and if it could also INSERT a warning of somekind into the Employees form, (Warnings) which is a memo

So to sum up

If the employee has a sickie, and doesn't phone me, I dont click yes to being informed, a popup comes up if its the 3rd time in a year, and makes me aware, and also places a text warning into the warning memo?

Cheers

Oh, Access 2007
________
HEMP MARIJUANA

Last edited:

mous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:42
Hi

Most of my databases now have an validation table and works really well.

From a save button on your form you could count the number of sick records for an employee and if its more than 3 then you could append a validation row into the validation table.

You could then turn this validation table into a subform that links to the employee. So when you retrieve the employee record the row is shown in a subform for that employee to identify that they have had more than 3 days off.

I would also create a global query that also replicates this so I could test all employees in my database and append a record into the validation table, I would also create reports from this also.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom