automatic sizing of forms (1 Viewer)

K

Kevin Erway

I developed a database at work where my PC has a 17 inch monitor. I opened up the database at home on my 19 inch monitor and the form, which was sized to perfectly fit the smaller screen size is now all out of whack. I am sure that there is a way for MS Access to automatically resize the form to fit whatever size screen the user is working on but don't know how this is done. I would assume that there is a line of visual basic code I could write. Any help would be appreciated.

KSparks

Local time
Today, 07:56
I have had the same problem for years and have never been able to come up with a solution. My problem usually has the opposite effect. I develope on a 19" or 21" monitor and my customers use a 17" or smaller monitor. Developing the databases at a lower resolution (600 x 800) sometimes helps not always. Does anyone have a fullproof method for this so we don't have to worry about monitor size?

Thanks.

Gordon

Gordon
Local time
I have the same problem. I'm taking an Access class, and asked the instructor the very question that you posted. He said that it is not possible to auto-size the form. Seems crazy in this networked world we live in. Hopefully someone has heard otherwise?

peldridg

Registered User.
Local time
I believe you can do it. I've seen Delphi code to do it (in other development environments of course). What do you mean "out of whack". These days we tend to develop for a resolution of 800x600. At home I use 1024x768 but the screen still looks OK.

Phil

Clarence

Registered User.
Local time
It can be done but it is very messy. If you have the SYBEX ACCCESS DEVELOPERS HANDBOOK you can find details on how to do it. It does require some complicated code which needs to be maintained. The easiest alternative is to use a third party OCX control which will do all the hard work for you. I use the TOTAL ACCESS COMPONENTS RESIZER control from FMS INC which is part of the TOTAL ACCESS COMPONENTS SUITE. You may be able to find an alternative to this which suites your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom