Autoupdated Form based on CrossTab Querry (1 Viewer)

faisalsalim74

Local time
Today, 23:16
Hello
1. I have a database of 1000 people, for which I assign task to 5 different managers to provide feedback as “Recommended, Not Recommended, Observations “ plus 2-3 more as response in 0ne to five months time. Response is entered manually on receipt of response.
2. On my startup/ navigation form I have a Tab “Summary”
It was based on crosstab query with managers as row headings, feedback as column headings and count of names as values

3. To begin with the values are blank, but from time to time responses will be received and entered.

Question: I need my “summary” form to give me updated results with column headings expanded to I include type of feedback “ Recommended, not recommended “ etc

Any help (not coding ) but steps/ settings to do?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:16
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

One potential approach is to simply display the crosstab query as a subform on your form.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:16
But feedback is already the column headings. Maybe you could post the SQL for the crosstab.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:16
need my “summary” form to give me updated results with column headings expanded to I include type of feedback “ Recommended, not recommended “ etc
A crosstab can only return 1 column per manager.

So you will need two crosstabs, one as you have and the other to include your feedback.

Join the two on a suitable unique ID with a left join so that you get all the results plus feedback where it exists.

Alternatively modify your cross tab to include two or three rows 'recommended', 'not recommended', 'no recommendation'

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:16
As I said, please post your SQL. It is quite likely that you are not selecting the correct values to get what you want. "Feedback" should break down into all valid values. So, you should have as many columns as there are values for Feedback in the recordset. Sometimes, you need to join to a table with a list of valid Feedback options if your selected data might not contain all values and you always want all values to show even if there is no data for one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom