Barcoding (1 Viewer)

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:22
I am entering another phase of our program and the bosses want to add barcoding capabilities to it. Basically what they want is at the start of the production line, they want someone to swipe the barcode on the production report attached to the container(which would be the lot number of the part) and then it would be swiped again at the end of the production run to get a time on/off. (This is for time tracking for QS-9000). I have downloaded a few software barcoding fonts and fooled with them a bit. What I would like to know is has anyone incorporated bar coding into their program. Is there a specific software program that would hold an advantage over another program out there and be compatible with Access. We have Access 2000. Thank you all for your input.

Gina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:22
I have used Wasp Fontware. It seemed to be the easiest to install and use. Within minutes I had barcodes on my reports. You must add and * before and after * your data to make it scannable.

C

CyVaquero

Intermec has a barcode activeX control that can be neatly inserted into any windows project. They are at www.intermec.com

What are you looking to do with the barcodes? If it is to read them then all you need is a wedge scanner. It plugs inline with your keyboard and does all the translation from barcode to text. There is no need to store the barcode itself.

If you are looking to produce barcodes the activeX control that I mentioned before will do the trick.

We use a wedge reader in our warehouse to check for duplicate requisitions and it works fine. We are getting ready to move to to Handheld Scanners that will be used for inventorying plant property.

Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom