Basic Inventory (1 Viewer)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:43
Morgana, Allen Browne of allenbrowne.com has a good treatise on stock control & a module to calculate stock at any time the right way. Also, you might find a copy of "Dharamasala Tea' somewhere, It's an example of a simple stock control database & named after the first Product Item.

That's the one I recommend. I am sure I have uploaded this to the database samples.

jepoysaipan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:43
I have to say, if you run into the 2Gb problem there's something amiss. Typically you need at least hundreds of thousands of records to get to 2Gb
True, its been running since 2013, 2 times a week they need to save hundreds of records (about 188,000++ to date) so pretty much its almost there and I also told them that after about 10-11 years they need to replace the app but of course due to budget constraints they didn't care that much up to now :(

Like what TheDoc said I could have pre-empted the inevitable but during the dev process I was assured that 5-6 years down the line they will upgrade and/or replace the app but here we are.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:43
well, for each product could you not just evaluate a net inventory total as at say 1/1/20, and store that.
Then you could delete or archive all the transactions up to 31/12/19 which should solve it for another few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom