Solved Before previous and current value on form (1 Viewer)

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:03
Hello experts,
I need some help.
I have a tbl1 and combobox called Status which can contain different statuses.
From my combo box user can choose different statuses for the item; In stock, InUse, Released, Testing,Sended,Out of use, Destroyed.

Lets say user make some borrowing and the statuses where changing from day1 to day...n.........
day1: in stock
day2: in use
day3: in use
day4: relased
day5: sended

the important statues is Released....when the item will once receive ste status released that status must be informed to the user.. user must know that this item was once released and what is the current status of the item?

now i have only one status field and i am wondering if is it possible in some way to show to the user also the current status of the item?
hmmmm like showing two statuses for the user..status 1 and status 2 but I only have one field?

Is it posssible somewhere in the form to make two fields or some message or something to say to the user/ showing to the user status that this item was already relased(from day4) and current state of the the item status: Sended. (in this case this is current status)

I need some ideas how to make that or some example how you experts would resolve that problem.
thanks in advance

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:03
If you're using a form, you can add an unbound textbox and use DLookup() to display the current status.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hello
yes for showing only the current status i know how to make it...what about the released status?
that released status is my problem

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:03
Hello
yes for showing only the current status i know how to make it...what about the released status?
that released status is my problem
What do you mean? Are you asking how to know/find out if there is a "released" status? If so, you could also try using DCount() for that.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
ohhhh yessss i am so crazy...yes you are right,,,i have to make the same
thank you

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:03
I'm happy that you're happy but I am confused. If you have only a single status field, you have only a single value that you keep changing. If you want to keep a historical record, you need a table and each time the status changes, you put the new value in the table. This includes new records as well.

In the AfterUpdate event of the Status control save the original value in a variable. In the form's AfterUpdate event if the current status is released but the saved status is something else, send an email to the user who needs to know about the change to released.

OR

Use a query as the dbGuy suggested, not with count() but just to select all rows with released status. You might want to limit this to a recent date range but without knowing the purpose, I can't offer any other suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom