Best Event location (1 Viewer)

Tupacmoche

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:35
Form Masters,

I have a slit form let's call it formB that gets data automatically from another form let's call it formA upon saving. Users now want to do manual enter into formB so I've added a button labeled 'Add Item' When this button is clicked the caption is changed to 'Save and Exit'. I have vba code to disable most of the buttons including navigation buttons when the caption is changed while editing. When done the caption is changed back to 'Add Item' and this triggers the buttons to become enabled.

Now to the issue. Since the form is split it is possible for a user to change records on the record gird. So, the vba code to change the captions is by passed and the buttons remain disabled. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?:mad:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:35
Hi. One way to prevent the issue is to try to temporarily set the form as DataEntry=True to disable navigating back to previous records. Or, you could create a blank record and then filter the form to it. There are other approaches too.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:35
You can disable the datasheet part of a split form.

I do it all the time, as I just use the datasheet part to select a record.

Split Form Datasheet : Read Only

However if they select a record, they can still edit it in the main part of the form.?

Could you test for Me.NewRecord in some way.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom