Solved Between Two Dates - Display Years and Months (1 Viewer)

vcarrill

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:23
I am building an employee database. Under the field "Seniority" I need it to display their tenure in Years and Months, (days) is optional.

I have a field with the date of hire (DOH) for every employee.

How may I achieve this?

I am using Access 2010.

Thank you

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 18:23
I've done something like that with my Employee Example V4

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:23
Hello, where and how would I use the code?

Thank you
Hi. You would copy and paste the code in a Standard Module and just call the function wherever you want to display the years and months.

vcarrill

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. You would copy and paste the code in a Standard Module and just call the function wherever you want to display the years and months.

Once this is done, where would I then place the entered "function"? Under Property Sheet, On Click, or? Also how does the code know to look at the date I have under DOH? I only have DOH, I do not have a field for Now(). Do I need to have it or can the formula calculate between DOH and current date?

Appreciate your patience!

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Once this is done, where would I then place the entered "function"? Under Property Sheet, On Click, or? Also how does the code know to look at the date I have under DOH?

Appreciate your patience!
I would recommend using the function in a query as a calculated column. Let's say, for example, you have a form displaying employee info and it's based on the table Employees. You can create a query based on the same table and add the YearMonth column. For example:
SQL:
SELECT Employees.*, Diff2Dates("ym",[DOH],Date()) As YM FROM Employees
Then, add the YM field to your form. Hope that helps...

vcarrill

Registered User.
Local time
I would recommend using the function in a query as a calculated column. Let's say, for example, you have a form displaying employee info and it's based on the table Employees. You can create a query based on the same table and add the YearMonth column. For example:
SQL:
SELECT Employees.*, Diff2Dates("ym",[DOH],Date()) As YM FROM Employees
Then, add the YM field to your form. Hope that helps...

Hello,

I followed your instructions and it is working great! The only issue I am having is adding the YM to the Access form. I look at Add Existing Fields and it is not an option.

How do I add the YM from the query to the form?

Thank you

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hello,

I followed your instructions and it is working great! The only issue I am having is adding the YM to the Access form. I look at Add Existing Fields and it is not an option.

How do I add the YM from the query to the form?

Thank you
What is the Record Source of your Form? If it's the name of the Table, try changing it to the name of the Query. Then, check the Field List, and you should be able to see YM to add to the Form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom