Biden on Healing and Unity (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 11:51
Now that Biden has been in office for one day and signed some Executive Orders, pundits are now getting into what that means.

One of the items, the Keystone Pipeline and it's intersection with illegal immigration. The pundits focused on the adverse economic effects of cancelling the pipeline, such as the insanity putting people out-of-work during a period of high Covid-19 related unemployment. Another pundit went on to discuss that the pipeline was the environmentally superior approach to transporting oil, which it is. In a separate discussion, the pending border crises implied by Biden suspending deportations and terminating the wall. That pundit went on to discuss how Biden had previously said that the US could absorb immigrants. Biden says US can afford 2 million more immigrants and refugees. The logical disconnect here?

Biden says that the Keystone Pipeline has to be cancelled because of its adverse effect on the environment, however the adverse environmental effect of letting in ever more immigrants has not been discussed or evaluated. Each of these immigrants will use oil, each of these immigrants will need a place to live which may mean converting land to urban uses, these immigrants will need to travel to work and will add to traffic congestion, each of these immigrants will use resources such as water, electricity, sewer, trash and don't forget the tossing of your fast food wrappers. Seems that the case can be made that letting immigrants into the US is environmentally damaging and that this would be counter to Biden's "green" strategy of protecting the environment.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:51
If you believe Biden his first phone call will be to Justin Trudeau. Justin knows his pipeline is D.O.A. The first causality of the flawed Paris climate disaster.

News of the cancellation is especially painful for the provincial government of Alberta. In addition to an existing agreement to invest approximately $1.5 billion in equity in the project along with billions in loan guarantees, construction of the Canadian section of Keystone XL has already been underway for several months, according to CBC News.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
If you believe Biden his first phone call will be to Justin Trudeau. Justin knows his pipeline is D.O.A. The first causality of the flawed Paris climate disaster.
I wonder, if the pipeline will be able to sue to get the permit re-instated? A lot of money has been invested, a lot of jobs are on the line, and it is an environmentally superior approach to transporting oil. Too early to know for now.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Biden accused of 'erasing women,' threatening girls' sports with gender-identity order

Biden claimed in his inaugural address that he would represent all people, even those who did not vote for him. Apparently, based on the slew of Executive Orders being released, Biden is only throwing "bones" to those on the "left". Conservatives are being ignored.

Biden likes to pontificate on how he follows the science. Well, "science" has been redefined to comply with political ideology. So much for Biden actually following science.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If one is not Anti-Fascist, does that make them Pro-Fascist?
Antifa is leftspeak for Fascist. Remember, left is right. up is down, love is hate. Get the picture?

I am so glad my granddaughters are out of school. I would hate to have them compete against boys who think they are girls. There have to be lines drawn. I don't want to sound judgmental but genetic males are ALWAYS genetic males no matter who they think they are. That is real science rather than pretend science. Girls and boys can play mixed team sports, and maybe that is a good compromise, but one on one, after a certain age, average boys will beat the best girls at individual sports.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
1611361384250.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Rand Paul DESTROYS Impeachment Argument on Senate Floor​

Excellent video. There is one subtle disgusting play on logic by Democrats supporting the irrational impeachment process. The Democratic pundits state that the Senate has been given the article of impeachment, therefore the Senate must act. Well, the House did not have to pass the article of impeachment to the Senate!! When Nixon resigned the Presidency, the House dropped the impeachment process. The Democrats have been abusing the impeachment process by using it inappropriately as a "sledge hammer" to destroy a political opponent. The Democrats are the threat to democracy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm preparing a letter and email campaign. Now that precedent has been set so that it is possible to impeach a president who is no longer in office, I want to know when are we going to impeach Obama over his role in the "Russia" scam.

My daughter has been calling Mitch for a week. His voice mail says "we are not taking calls at this time". The voice mail for the 5 Republicans is full and won't take messages. I hope they all know that their chances of being elected to anything, including dogcatcher in two years is slim to none.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Democrats know their enemy. The Republicans have no fight in them. They'd rather lay down and play dead than stand up for what is right and just. Voting with the Democrats to remove one of their own from her committee seats was beyond the pale and sets a huge precedent which the Democrats know the Republicans would never use to hurt them. I think the minority leader should just appoint the woman to different committees and let the Democrats remove her from those. I don't think we've had a fist fight on the floor of the house in a hundred years but practices like this could lead to one. What if the Democrats decide that NO Republican can sit on ANY committee. They are the majority so they just pass a bill and they are the majority so they win. The Republicans need go grow a backbone. They've forgotten the old children's chant - Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. Who cares what vile names the Democrats call you. Just stand up for what's right.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
.. sets a huge president which the Democrats know the Republicans would never use to hurt them.
A highly unfortunate reality. Points to the thread: Are the Republicans finished? When it comes to dirty politics, Democrats will use every trick to bully the Republicans, but the Republican never seem to respond in kind unfortunately. (Even if the Republican actions crossed the line into being "dirty".)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
He was not killed by MAGA supporters, and the pepper spray angle will probably go away also especially if the police were the ones using it.

1612656828793.png

According to one law enforcement official, medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true.
One possibility being considered by investigators is that Sicknick became ill after interacting with a chemical irritant like pepper spray or bear spray that was deployed in the crowd. But investigators reviewing video of the officer's time around the Capitol haven't been able to confirm that in tape that has been recovered so far, the official said.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's George Floyd all over again. The truth is inconvenient so we won't talk about it.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Reportedly a picture of the actual cruise missile Biden fired at Syria. :D

1614365170039.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom