Black opinion on United airlines diversity pilots. (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:30
That's what happens when companies are forced to hire based on the boxes you check when the only relevant boxes are - are you the best candidate we have and can you do the job? You cannot undo a wrong from the past with an idiocy today. And I say that knowing that I have been an "EEO" hire. That's Equal Employment Opportunity and yes, women, at least at the beginning were a protected class since there were very few that ever made it to management.

I also have a funny story from the late 60's before the EEO bandwagon got really rolling. I worked in a highrise and there was a center core for facilities and conference rooms but otherwise the floors were entirely open. This was also before cubes broke your line of sight. My boss and I were visiting a user on a different floor and as we are walking down the long side of the building, I noticed this large block of desks that were all men and just past them was an equal size block with all women. I said to my boss "I guess this department is segregated." He looked to his left and I continued. "they don't let the men and women sit together". He replied without thinking about it. Those are underwriters and those are underwriter assistants. I won't bother to tell you which was which. However, the following week when we visited the user again, the men and women were scrambled. It was probably more convenient going forward for the handmaiden to sit next to her lord anyway so they should have thanked me for that.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:30
for the handmaiden to sit next to her lord

In some religions the woman walks behind the man or should I say women, there may be more than one!

Would probably be a good idea to wear a "stab vest"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom