Bold text (1 Viewer)

gselliott

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:27
I am sending Outlook Task Items through Access using the sendobject method, the text is put straight into the body of the task using code.

What I am now wanting to do is to have certain words be displayed in the message as bold text and possibly a different colour. I have managed to do this for a standard email message using HTML code in VBA but it doesn’t seem to work for a Task Item.

Is this possible or not?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:27
In general, the members of the Office suite do not permit selective text embellishments such as bold, italic, or underscoring. Word and Powerpoint are the only exceptions among the non-web products.

The reason is that only Word has a character-level ability to specify formatting. All other Office products tend to treat such things as per-cell, not per-character. While I don't claim to know the specifics of Outlook Tasks, I can say with some certainty that you should not be surprised when you can't do what you want with certain types of message.

Part of the problem might be what Outlook supports. An EQUAL part is that Access doesn't directly support it, either. As you noted, you had to go through HTML and VBA to do any kind of formatting at all. In other words, you had to do something totally non-standard because your desired formatting is not part of the standard product.

I wish you luck, but I regret that I cannot offer you workarounds. I have not myself yet discovered them, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom